Insert image into post always inserts full size.
|Reported by:||lunabyte||Owned by:||westi|
Fresh install of WP 2.6 always inserts full image size, regardless of settings.
This is a completely clean install of 2.6, without plugins or any adjustments whatsoever.
DB Charset: utf8
DB Collation: utf8_bin
- Medium image size is created as expected
- Thumbnail size is created as expected.
- CSS class(es) added as expected
- URL to image is always the full size image, regardless of selecting thumb or medium.
Tracked down thus far:
function image_get_intermediate_size (on/about line 276) in /wp-includes/media.php initially calls to wp_get_attachment_metadata, which is checked to be an array. If not, returns silently.
This check fails because the value returned by wp_get_attachment_metadata for $imagedata has failed to be unserialized.
Selecting the data directly from the database, then running unserialize also fails to unserialize the stored data.
Using css to scale down an image isn't sufficient as the browser still downloads the full size image.
This isn't a path/url issue, as well. All paths/urls are properly rendered.
With the data failing to be unserialized, the check for the array in image_get_intermediate_size will always return false.
Change History (13)
- Milestone changed from 2.6.2 to 2.7
- Owner changed from anonymous to westi
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Milestone changed from 2.7 to 2.6.2
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened