Adding a new status for denied posts
|Reported by:||Malaiac||Owned by:||rjeevan|
Since WordPress got a validation process now, the lack of a "denied" status appears.
Validation process :
- author write a : draft
- author submit his draft : pending
- editor publish the post : publish
3b. editor does not want to publish : ???
Of course posts can be deleted. But keeping "banished" posts in database
can be useful for further references and cross checking.
The name of the status is not fixed yet :
"denied", "returned for review", "rejected", "disapproved"
A good implementation of this enhancement may include a text message from the editor to the author (like an annotation attached to the post) giving the reason of rejection.
Change History (13)
- Component changed from General to Administration
- Owner changed from anonymous to rjeevan
- Priority changed from normal to high
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Version set to 2.6.1
comment:6 @janeforshort — 6 years ago
- Priority changed from high to normal
- Type changed from enhancement to feature request
- Component changed from Administration to Revisions
- Keywords needs-patch added; post status removed
comment:11 @johnbillion — 4 years ago
- Component changed from Revisions to Administration
- Keywords close added; needs-patch removed
comment:12 @nacin — 4 years ago
- Milestone Future Release deleted
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from accepted to closed