Autosave Shows Incorrect Permalink Generation
|Reported by:||DeltaTee||Owned by:||azaozz|
When writing a new post, the permalink is shown based on the title of the first autosave (instead of first save). The permalink is correctly set upon first save, but this behavior can be confusing as the permalink appears to change on the first save.
I believe this first appeared with autosave in version 2.6. It still exists in version 2.6.2 (not available in the version drop down).
To reproduce this:
- Create a new post
- Enter some body text
- Wait for the autosave
- Note that the permalink is shown to be the post number
- Enter a title
- Note the permalink does not change
- Save the post
- Note that the permalink has been updated to reflect the title.
Change History (6)
- Keywords needs-patch added
- Milestone set to 2.8
- Owner changed from anonymous to azaozz
- Priority changed from normal to low
- Severity changed from normal to minor