CDATA block in post content trips up XMLRPC interface
|Reported by:||redsweater||Owned by:||josephscott|
This issue was originally discussed on my forums:
Summary: If a post contains a CDATA block it causes a "not well formed" parse error in WordPress.
I narrowed the issue down to a very simple test case, typing the following into the content of a blog post from MarsEdit causes a parse error in WordPress:
I confirmed that the same content also triggers the error if sent from another Mac desktop client, ecto.
By the time MarsEdit massages the content, it's literally:
So, to reproduce the bug either paste the unmodified line into MarsEdit or else use an XMLRPC testing tool to send a post with the literal content as escaped above.
As far as I can tell this should be legal XML content, but it trips up WordPress. I also notice that it trips up Movable Type, but since I had started a conversation with Joseph Scott about this, I'll use this as the exploration vector for the bug.