WXR import incorrectly handles comment ID's, Results in threading being lost
|Reported by:||DD32||Owned by:||joostdevalk|
The Export'd WXR files & Import process contains the original Comment ID, and Comment Parent ID allready. However, Upon import, the Comment ID's are re-assigned, however the parent ID's are not.
The result is that the comment threading is lost entirely.
Eg: Previously comment 1234 was in reply to comment 1222, however, comment 1222 is now comment 22, but comment 1234 still has '1222' as its parent_id.
2 options are possible:
- Remapping the comment parent ID's
- Preserving the comment ID's
The only issue i see with preserving the comment ID's is that importing into another blog with comments allready could cause conflicts, which would require remapping of some comment ID's regardless.
Change History (26)
comment:5 @lloydbudd — 6 years ago
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 2.9
- Owner set to tott
- Priority changed from normal to high
- Status changed from new to assigned
comment:6 @joostdevalk — 6 years ago
- Keywords has-patch added; needs-patch early removed
- Owner changed from tott to joostdevalk
- Keywords needs-patch added; has-patch needs-testing commit early removed