WXR import incorrectly handles comment ID's, Results in threading being lost
|Reported by:||DD32||Owned by:||joostdevalk|
The Export'd WXR files & Import process contains the original Comment ID, and Comment Parent ID allready. However, Upon import, the Comment ID's are re-assigned, however the parent ID's are not.
The result is that the comment threading is lost entirely.
Eg: Previously comment 1234 was in reply to comment 1222, however, comment 1222 is now comment 22, but comment 1234 still has '1222' as its parent_id.
2 options are possible:
- Remapping the comment parent ID's
- Preserving the comment ID's
The only issue i see with preserving the comment ID's is that importing into another blog with comments allready could cause conflicts, which would require remapping of some comment ID's regardless.
Change History (26)
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 2.9
- Owner set to tott
- Priority changed from normal to high
- Status changed from new to assigned
comment:6 joostdevalk — 5 years ago
- Keywords has-patch added; needs-patch early removed
- Owner changed from tott to joostdevalk
- Keywords needs-patch added; has-patch needs-testing commit early removed