Firefox spell checker not working in contentEditable areas
|Reported by:||Otto42||Owned by:|
Use Visual Editor.
Enter bad spelling. I use "This is a hgihd test."
Note that hgihd is not underlined in Firefox 3.0.3.
Right click field, turn off spell checking.
Right click field, turn it on again. Word will become underlined.
This is basically the same problem as #3856. The solution there was to force gecko_spellcheck to true. I checked the code, and that solution is still in there, so somewhere, a change to the TinyMCE code must be disabling this. I notice some code in the TinyMCE advanced theme that has comments along these lines, but I am not familiar enough with TinyMCE to work out what that does.
Change History (20)
- Milestone changed from 2.7 to 2.8
- Summary changed from Firefox spell checker not working with RTE, again to Firefox spell checker not working in contentEditable areas
7 years ago
- Cc novasource added
- Keywords spellcheck spell check firefox added
- Severity changed from normal to major
- Keywords needs-patch added; spellcheck spell check firefox removed
- Component changed from TinyMCE to General
- Milestone changed from 2.8 to Future Release
- Severity changed from major to normal
- Milestone Future Release deleted
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from reopened to closed