WP text formatting functions handle block-level INS tag incorrectly
|Reported by:||misieg772||Owned by:||markjaquith|
From W3C documentation:
"INS and DEL are used to markup sections of the document that have been inserted or deleted with respect to a different version of a document (e.g., in draft legislation where lawmakers need to view the changes).
These two elements are unusual for HTML in that they may serve as either BLOCK-LEVEL or INLINE elements (but not both). They may contain one or more words within a paragraph or contain one or more block-level elements such as paragraphs, lists and tables."
When I want to use INS tag as BLOCK-LEVEL element (to wrap to paragraphs for example) wrong HTML is produced:
<p><ins datetime="2008-11-14T14:45:27+00:00">First paragraph.</p> <p>Second paragraph.</ins></p>
Correct HTML should look like this:
<ins datetime="2008-11-14T14:45:27+00:00"><p>First paragraph.</p> <p>Second paragraph.</p></ins>
I think the same sitiuation occurs for DEL tag.
Change History (8)
comment:1 markjaquith — 5 years ago
- Milestone changed from 2.7 to 2.8
- Owner changed from anonymous to markjaquith
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Version set to 2.7
- Keywords has-patch needs-testing added; formatting ins wpautop html removed
- Keywords needs-patch added; has-patch needs-testing removed
- Milestone changed from 2.8 to Future Release
- Component changed from Template to Formatting
- Priority changed from normal to low
- Severity changed from normal to minor