WordPress.org

Make WordPress Core

Opened 5 years ago

Closed 5 years ago

Last modified 5 years ago

#8260 closed defect (bug) (duplicate)

A false linking to dashboard in the sidebar after upgrade

Reported by: dome90 Owned by:
Milestone: Priority: normal
Severity: normal Version: 2.7
Component: Administration Keywords: Dashboard, link, upgrade
Focuses: Cc:

Description

I have two blogs with version 2.6.3 both are upgrade to 2.7 beta 3.
Now if I click on 'Dashboard' on the sidebar the link is */wp-admin/admin.php?page=index.php and so nothing is show on the dashboard only the sidebar and header.
On a clean installation of 2.7 the link is */wp-admin/index.php

Change History (9)

comment:1 mrmist5 years ago

worksforme following a 2.6.3 > 2.7beta3 upgrade.

comment:2 ryan5 years ago

This is caused by an index.php file existing in the plugins dir. We don't ship with one by default. I can see people wanting to prevent a directory index via an index.php file so we should play nice with it.

comment:3 ryan5 years ago

  • Priority changed from normal to low

comment:4 ryan5 years ago

  • Milestone changed from 2.7 to 2.8

2.6 does this too. Since this is not a regression, postponing to 2.8.

comment:5 mrmist5 years ago

I don't see this even if I add an index.php to wp-content\plugins

Does the index.php have to be present during the upgrade to cause the bug?

comment:6 mrmist5 years ago

never mind, it changed to the broken url after I logged out.

comment:7 follow-up: utele5 years ago

  • Priority changed from low to high

I had the problem with the link after upgrading to 2.6x It wasn't great, but the workaround to use the address line worked.
Now after upgrading to 2.7 the workaround didn't help. Therefore, I tried your solution with the index.php in all directories, where only a index.php for safety reasons exist I changed the index.php to an index.html.
Unfortunately, it did not help. I've still no content in the dashboard except the menu...

comment:8 mrmist5 years ago

  • Milestone 2.8 deleted
  • Priority changed from high to normal
  • Resolution set to duplicate
  • Status changed from new to closed

comment:9 in reply to: ↑ 7 utele5 years ago

Replying to utele:

Therefore, I tried your solution with the index.php in all directories, where only a index.php for safety reasons exist I changed the index.php to an index.html.

Unfortunately, it did not help. I've still no content in the dashboard except the menu...

In the meantime I figured out, that these are two problems which don't effect each other.
The index.html helps to get the right page.

No content in the dashboard had nothing to do with that instead the problem was an additional function was not closed before starting to work with the content. Repairing the function and also avoid for the future that its not closed before starting everything else, worked for me.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.