Date and Time logic on the dashboard should be associated with user's date/time settings
|Reported by:||vanillalounge||Owned by:|
|Component:||Date/Time||Keywords:||has-patch needs-testing 2nd-opinion|
I've noticed that on some areas of the dashboard, the dates shown are
formatted according to the translation file (<locale>.mo, if it exists).
This is true (at least) on the Pages' and Posts' lists.
My suggestion is that it would make more sense to read the format from
Settings > General > Date Format since right now it can get a bit
confusing for a user having defined a format of, say "Y-m-d" but seing a
format of "Y\d\m" because the .mo says so. This is particularly
pertinent to MU where different users can choose different date and time
formats, but applies to wp.org, mu.org and wp.com.
This certainly has implications on the .pot but I'm not too sure yet on how to patch that.
Change History (12)
comment:2 nbachiyski — 5 years ago
- Component changed from Administration to i18n
- Owner changed from anonymous to nbachiyski
- Component changed from i18n to Administration
- Milestone changed from 2.7 to 2.8
- Owner changed from nbachiyski to anonymous
- Priority changed from normal to low
- Severity changed from normal to minor
- Keywords has-patch needs-testing added; date format time format removed
- Component changed from Administration to Date/Time
- Owner anonymous deleted