wp_list_pages consume a lot of memory
|Reported by:||horaciod||Owned by:|
When we use wp_list_pages in installatiosn with lots of pages (in my case 106 with a lot of text inside ) this function use get_pages (posts.php) which has a get_results of the posts completes with a "select *" but only id,post_title, post_parent is needed.
Maybe you can use a nuew option to wp_list_pages or get_pages with the list of fields to retrieve.
I´m making a patch but first i´m studing the code rules of wordpress.
This Affects a wpdtree plugin and other which use get_pages. In my case this select break the connection with mysql in a Shared web server.
Change History (19)
- Keywords needs-patch added
- Milestone changed from 2.7.1 to 2.8
- Version set to 2.7
- Milestone Future Release deleted
- Resolution set to duplicate
- Status changed from new to closed
- Milestone set to Future Release
- Resolution duplicate deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Keywords has-patch added; needs-patch removed
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 2.8
- Component changed from Optimization to Template
- Milestone changed from 2.8 to Future Release
comment:13 @nacin — 20 months ago
- Component changed from Optimization to Query
- Focuses performance added