2.7 Upgrade Broken Permalinks
|Reported by:||php4ever||Owned by:||ryan|
I set this to MAJOR only because of the issue with URLs changing causing massive 404s
I'll try and be as clear as I can.
In WP, when using the feature under Reading Settings >> Front page displays I notice that all previous sites I had upgraded to 2.7 broke the URL structure that had been in place.
For instance, with "A static page (select below)" Selected and both Home Page and Posts Page set to a specific "PAGE" the permalink URL changes after upgrade.
Front page: Home
Posts page: Blog
Where the URL use to be http://www.domainname.com/blog/post/ or /blog/post.html
After the update, the "single" no longer has /blog/ in the URL
Permalinks are set as follows;
/%postname%/ or simply /%postname%.html
This has happened on all sites I upgraded to WP 2.7
Change History (4)
- Keywords reporter-feedback added
- Priority changed from high to normal
- Severity changed from major to normal
- Keywords Static Page Permalinks removed
- Resolution set to worksforme
- Status changed from new to closed