Limit the RSS widget from using its own url
|Reported by:||webmaestro||Owned by:|
NOTE: Copied from http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/ticket/852 since 'This is really a WP issue, not strictly MU. Can you open a ticket in WP's trac?'
I admit that this is not a well conceived thought but I wanted to throw it out.
There's some discussion on the premium site about individual blogs using their rss widgets to display their own feeds. This of course causes issues with an unnecessary rss feed pull as well as old data since the feeds are cached.
May I suggest a check to see if the inputted RSS feed matches the individual blog's own rss feed, kick it out with an error and suggesting to the user that they use the Latest Posts widget instead?
Marking this as 2.8 as it's not a high priority.
Change History (15)
comment:4 Viper007Bond — 5 years ago
- Priority changed from normal to lowest
- Severity changed from normal to minor
- Milestone Future Release deleted
- Resolution set to invalid
- Status changed from new to closed
comment:6 casabsolute — 5 years ago
- Cc casabsolute added
- Keywords rss widget url HTTP/1.0 server loop feed recent posts archive added
- Resolution invalid deleted
- Severity changed from minor to major
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Priority changed from lowest to normal
- Type changed from enhancement to defect (bug)
comment:11 robechar — 4 years ago
- Priority changed from normal to high
- Version changed from 2.8 to 2.9.2
comment:14 solarissmoke — 2 years ago
- Keywords rss widget url HTTP/1.0 server loop feed recent posts archive removed