wptexturize malforms HTML comments that contain HTML tags
|Reported by:||Otto42||Owned by:||wonderboymusic|
Because it's replacing -- with #8211, a comment like <!-- whatever --> put into the HTML part of a post gets broken.
What is needed is to recognize --> as different from -- and not replace it with the en dash in that case.
Change History (43)
- Component changed from General to Formatting
- Milestone set to 3.0
- Resolution worksforme deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Version changed from 2.7 to 2.9.2
7 years ago
- Summary changed from wp_texturize breaks HTML comments in posts to wptexturize malforms HTML comments that contain HTML tags
- Keywords needs-refresh added
- Owner set to wonderboymusic
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from reopened to closed