Database Upgrade Error - POST_TYPE field
|Reported by:||iamronen||Owned by:|
After upgrading a 2.01 blog to 2.7 future posts disappeared, and new future posts would also disappear into the system. They were all in the database but they could not be administered and they did not get published on the blog (when the time came).
I traced the problem to a database problem. The 'post_type' field in the database was not converted from an enum field to a varchar - as a result the "future" post type would not register (neither would "inherit" or any other status that was defined in the enum). Once I fixed that and manually updated the statuses - everything worked fine.
Though there were problems in the database upgrade process (maybe due to permission - maybe other things) so I cannot tell if this would have been resolved.
Also - in the upgrade process a little more error handling can go a long way. for example: the old 2.01 blog had outdated tabled (such as categories). The update process failed to create the newer taxonomy tables - and the continued to drop the original tables - which would have resulted in painful data loss (which did not occur because the database user did not have drop permission!). Looks like this can be improved.