Upgrade notice doesn't disappear after manual upgrade
|Reported by:||mastermind||Owned by:|
|Component:||Upgrade/Install||Keywords:||has-patch tested commit|
Before the automatic upgrade feature, it was possible to upgrade WordPress by three simple steps:
- Delete all WP directories/files except wp-content and wp-config.php,
- Upload all the new directories/files except wp-content and wp-config-sample.php,
- Go to /wp-admin/upgrade.php.
With the new upgrading system, there is the problem that WordPress doesn't seem to recognize the new version: After a manual upgrade, It keeps on printing "WordPress [latest version] is available! Please update now". This is annoying, of course.
I hope you understand that there are scenarios which make it necessary to upgrade WordPress with other methods than the auto-upgrader.
Solution: The function to print the upgrading message should have a look into /wp-includes/version.php before and respect the value of $wp_version.
Change History (9)
- Cc westi added
- Component changed from General to Upgrade
- Owner anonymous deleted
- Summary changed from Cannot upgrade manually anymore to Upgrade notice doesn't disappear after manual upgrade