Deprecate manage_category cap in favor of its object type's cap
|Reported by:||mastermind||Owned by:|
I encountered a problem in WordPress 2.7.1 $wp_roles->remove_cap('editor', 'manage_links'); doesn't remove that capability for the Editor role entirely, but it still displays the page "link categories", and you can perform actions on that page. This is because that page needs "manage_categories" instead of "manage_links".
I would propose to either require the manage_links capability for this page, or introduce a new capability (something as manage_link_categories for example).
Change History (7)
- Keywords has-patch 2nd-opinion added
- Milestone changed from Unassigned to 2.8
- Keywords needs-patch added; has-patch tested commit 2nd-opinion dev-feedback removed
- Milestone changed from 2.8 to 2.9
- Component changed from Administration to Taxonomy
- Milestone changed from 2.9 to Future Release
- Summary changed from Removing cap 'manage_links' doesn't remove all link related capabilities to Deprecate manage_category cap in favor of its object type's cap
- Type changed from defect (bug) to enhancement