Custom permalinks causes error when clicking Older Entries
|Reported by:||jsherk||Owned by:||ryan|
Using the default wordpress theme in 2.7.1, installed in www.mysite.com/wordpress/ .
Create a category (let's call it 'stuff'), and then add posts to that category (let's add 4 for now), and then set Reading-> Blog Pages Show At Most 3 Posts so that there will be more than one page.
Now set Permalinks to Custom: /%category%/%post_id%
so that they will show by Category name and post-id.
Now go to the category page
You should see your first three posts, and Older Entries should also be highlighted. If you hover over Older Entries it will say
But if you click on it, you will get either a "Sorry, nothing there" error, or a 404 error.
A possible solution is here:
Change History (3)
- Component changed from General to Permalinks
- Milestone changed from Unassigned to Future Release
- Owner changed from anonymous to ryan
- Priority changed from high to normal
- Severity changed from major to minor