IPTC IIM IRB character encoding (UTF-8) misinterpreted as ISO-8859-1
|Reported by:||kallewangstedt||Owned by:||westi|
When uploading a JPEG image with IPTC tags in the EXIF that are encoded as UTF-8, the tags are misinterpreted as ISO-8859-1 when they get extracted into the Title and Description fields in swfupload.
This occurs regardless of the encoding set in WP options (wich are UTF-8 by default).
Change History (57)
- Component changed from Upload to Charset
- Keywords needs-patch 2nd-opinion added; has-patch reporter-feedback needs-testing removed
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 2.8
- Summary changed from Character encoding in swfupload misinterpreted as ISO-8859-1 to IPTC IIM IRB character encoding (UTF-8) misinterpreted as ISO-8859-1
- Keywords has-patch tested early removed
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Triage to Future Release
- Keywords 3.4-early added
- Milestone changed from 3.3 to Future Release