The various $is_* variables in $WP_Query should only be set on the very first query call.
|Reported by:||mtg169||Owned by:|
Thought I had a problem with a plugin, but it appears to be a bug with query.php. On the home page, when I do the following query, is_home returns true:
Ideally I would like to specify included categories only so I do not have to modify the code every time a new category is added. If I use the following query, is_home always returns false even though I am on the home page:
The only way I can get is_home to return true is if I exclude at least one category (could even be -0).
For the mean time I have just specifically defined is_home=true on my home page, rather than having query.php set it incorrectly.
Change History (12)
- Milestone changed from Unassigned to 2.8
- Priority changed from normal to high
- Resolution wontfix deleted
- Severity changed from normal to major
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Summary changed from is_home returns false when specifying included categories only to The various $is_* variables in $WP_Query should only be set on the very first query call.
- Keywords needs-patch dev-feedback added; is_home query.php cat= removed
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from reopened to closed