Allow users to log in using their email address
|Reported by:||Denis-de-Bernardy||Owned by:||swissspidy|
|Component:||Users||Keywords:||has-patch has-unit-tests needs-screenshots|
I've been looking into a few tickets and adding patches to things that were potentially problematic when implementing a membership plugin (#1626, #4170, #9563, #9564). The general idea being twofold: to avoid duplicate users at all costs -- because it's a bloody mess to merge users in a billing system.
Users could then be allowed to specify an email only, when registering. And they could use their email to login -- in addition to their username if they specified one.
Change History (104)
- Owner Denis-de-Bernardy deleted
- Status changed from accepted to assigned
- Keywords needs-refresh needs-unit-tests added; early removed
- Priority changed from high to normal
- Severity changed from major to normal
2 months ago
- Keywords has-unit-tests dev-feedback added; needs-testing needs-refresh removed
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 4.5
- Priority changed from low to normal