Edit screens expire
|Reported by:||chmac||Owned by:|
Steps to reproduce:
1) Open an edit post (or page) screen
2) Take your browser offline for 24 hours
3) Put the browser back online
4) Edit the post, type a lengthy, thoughtful, dramatic entry
5) Click save draft / publish as you prefer
Expected result: Your poetic prose is committed to infallible digital memory.
Actual result: You're told "Your attempt to edit blah has failed." Press the back button and likely see the previous version of your post. Your latest prose exists now only in your memory.
Technical details: I think the nonce expires, so the post screen becomes invalid after a while.
Change History (5)
- Keywords needs-patch added
- Milestone changed from Unassigned to 2.9
- Type changed from defect (bug) to enhancement
- Version set to 2.8