WordPress Theme/Plugin editor adds blank lines
|Reported by:||Vistronic||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by SergeyBiryukov)
When I edit theme css in theme editor in WP admin
WordPress reformats my CSS and adds a blank life between entrys in css.
it adds a cr and line break ....
In other words if you have a 100 line css
download with FTP look at in text editor
it is now 200 lines
as WP added blank lines to css
it should not be adding things to the CSS?
It may only do this when it wraps window but I think not it appears to add blank lines.
Imagine the damage to a 1000 line CSS it spaces every entry by 1 line!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It stiil works but it messes it up.
THAT IS COFIRMED ONE EDIT DOUBLE SPACE ENTIRE CSS... VERY BAD
Here is part of the problem but not the double space in total.
When you down load the file in FTP and it is in windows encoding
the line endings.
So you ftp back and all is fine.
Now you are at the coffee shop and what a quick change, so you login to WP admin and theme editor edit CSS.
Now you get home and download in ftp to continue your work on CSS.
The file is now mac formatted (or thinks it is) so when you edit the line endings do not contain the right line breaks for windows OR WP theme editor as it ignores them. This explains the wierd spacing though not the double spacing .... why is it converting to mac and yet ignores mac?!
weird.. it adds a CR tag
must be bug
again though its still double spacing on edit IN windows line ending though if you down load cSS its tagged mac format...
Use notepad 2 or Note pad plus to see the error.
When ever you edit with WordPress editor it adds cr and says css is now mac formatted.
FTP download the file and now see all the extra CR's it adds.
So it likes CR only so I convert to CR only and it beaks CSS it wants CR LF to work but if that is the case why does the online editor add CR only?????????????????????????
Change History (25)
- Cc harmr added
- Component changed from General to Editor
- Keywords needs-refresh needs-testing added; CSS removed
- Resolution invalid deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Summary changed from Wordpress Theme editor adds CR tag and Mac format CSS file to Wordpress Theme/Plugin editor adds blank lines
- Version changed from 2.7.1 to 3.2.1
- Keywords editor needs-refresh needs-testing removed
- Milestone set to Awaiting Review
comment:12 @HallMarc — 3 years ago
- Cc HallMarc added
- Keywords needs-patch added; has-patch removed
comment:13 @HallMarc — 3 years ago
- Keywords needs-patch removed
comment:14 @SergeyBiryukov — 3 years ago
- Description modified (diff)
- Keywords has-patch needs-testing added; reporter-feedback removed
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to Future Release
- Summary changed from Wordpress Theme/Plugin editor adds blank lines to WordPress Theme/Plugin editor adds blank lines