Database issue allows creation of articles
|Reported by:||davehope||Owned by:|
My host killed the mysqld process, causing some of the MySQL tables to be flagged as corrupt (wp_options for one).
Wordpress thought it was a new installation, and showed wp-admin/install.php. Visitors were going through the install process setting the title of my site and wordpress created the "About" page, the example post and comment.
When I awoke, I repaired the corruption with myisamchk. In my case the page title hadn't been changed but the new items were created.
Some options I think would prevent this ocuring for others are:
- The installation page should require an admin to login if it's not the first installation. I'm not sure what would happen if the table holding user accounts was corrupt though.
- Do some checks on the status of the tables and halt the installation if any of the tables aren't in a healthy state?
My suggestion is probably more of an enhancement request that a bug, so I've filed it as such.
Change History (8)
- Component changed from General to Upgrade/Install
- Keywords needs-patch added
- Milestone changed from Unassigned to Future Release
- Owner anonymous deleted