TinyMCE Spellchecker not working behind firewall (google spellcheck)
|Reported by:||bforchhammer||Owned by:||azaozz|
the TinyMCE spellchecker (that is the default google spellchecker) is not working for wordpress setups behind a firewall.
Wordpress is going to have Proxy support in core in 2.8 (see #4011).
Is it possible to hack the tinymce spellchecker so it uses wordpress' new http handling functions? Then the spellchecker could use the same config and connect via proxy as well...
Change History (47)
- Keywords needs-patch added
- Milestone changed from Unassigned to Future Release
comment:2 @bforchhammer — 6 years ago
- Keywords changed from needs-patch proxy, spellchecker to needs-patch proxy spellchecker
- Keywords 2nd-opinion removed
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 2.8
comment:17 @pbearne — 6 years ago
- Keywords tested added; needs-testing removed
- Priority changed from normal to high
comment:21 @azaozz — 6 years ago
- Keywords needs-testing added; tested proxy spellchecker removed
- Milestone changed from 2.8 to Future Release
- Keywords needs-review added; needs-testing dev-feedback removed
comment:38 @azaozz — 5 years ago
- Keywords needs-review removed
- Milestone changed from 2.9 to Future Release