ftp for plugin update fails to set correct privileges if umask not 0022
|Reported by:||lovingboth||Owned by:|
If the ftp user's umask is not 0022, newly created directories and files may not be read-enabled for other users, such as the webserver.
Having umask 0022 is the default for many, but not all, ftp servers. vsftpd has a default of 0077, for example. This results in new files not being readable by anyone other than the user, and so if the webserver is running as its own/another user, WP cannot see them.
- WP should check umask, and change if necessary, prior to creating them.
- WP should chmod newly created files/directories to the prvileges it expects.
- WP should check privileges on newly created files/directories, and report a failure if they are not what it expects.
Change History (4)
- Component changed from Plugins to Upgrade/Install
- Keywords reporter-feedback needs-testing added; plugin update permissions umask removed
- Milestone changed from Unassigned to 2.8