Tweaks/Improvements for Manage Plugins page
|Reported by:||demetris||Owned by:||janeforshort|
I see two issues in the Manage Plugins page as it is now, especially in view “All”.
- The colour for the background of active plugins clashes with the default colour scheme (and also tortures my eyes).
- Now that actions are again visible by default, there is clutter.
I attach a tentative patch with some ideas, along with screenshots from before and after. What the patch does:
FOR PROBLEM NO 1
I’m not good with colours, so I just put a gray (f5f5f5) in there.
FOR PROBLEM NO 2
- I removed the Edit link. (If you MUST edit plugin files (and lose your modifications in the next update) you can go through Dashboard › Plugins › Editor, or simply get the files locally and edit them with a proper editor.)
- I reduced “View Site” to “Site”.
- I reduced “Version:” to “Ver.”
- I reduced “By:” to “By”.
I also put a separator between the version part and the author(s) part.
As an added bonus, by removing one control statement, my patch makes the Manage Plugins page faster. :-)
Change History (34)
comment:28 @janeforshort — 5 years ago
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from reopened to closed