wp-admin/users.php does not show pages under "posts" column
|Reported by:||novasource||Owned by:|
For some reason, the SQL query in wp-includes/user.php that gets the count of a user's posts excludes pages, so /wp-admin/users.php will not show an accurate picture of a user's contributions. This makes no sense at all: 1. posts and pages are first-class content types in WordPress and 2. they are both stored in the same table.
Proposed solution: remove
AND post_type = 'post'
from function get_usernumposts in wp-includes/user.php.
This defect could result in incorrect interpretation of user activity, so marked as major severity.
Change History (4)
- Keywords 2nd-opinion added; users.php posts pages removed
- Milestone changed from 2.8.5 to 2.9
- Severity changed from major to minor
comment:2 novasource — 4 years ago
- Component changed from General to Users
- Severity changed from minor to normal