No synchronisation between "most used" and "all categories" in link edit
|Reported by:||solarissmoke||Owned by:|
There are issues with the "all categories" and "most used" tabs when editing links:
- Go to edit a link
- Click on "Most used" in the category section. All the listed categories are unchecked - including the ones that are checked in the "All Categories" tab. There is no sync between the two.
- Now check a category in the "most used" tab. Go to the "all categories" tab and you will find that the same category is now checked (as expected). Now uncheck it from the "all categories" tab. Go to "most used" and it is still checked there. The sync only works one way ( "most used" -> "all categories" ).
The first issue is because wp_popular_terms_checklist() assumes that you're using it in the context of a particular post, and sets checkedness based on whether the $post global has that term. If the $post global is empty (as when editing links), nothing is checked. I don't think we should be using wp_popular_terms_checklist() as it's context is for individual posts.
Patch to follow.
Change History (9)
comment:1 solarissmoke — 3 years ago
- Summary changed from Most used categories in link edit are all unchecked to No synchronisation between "most used" and "all categories" in link edit
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from new to closed
- Type changed from defect (bug) to enhancement