Removal of wpdb::supports_collation()
|Reported by:||hakre||Owned by:||nacin|
In 2.5 wpdb::supports_collation() had been introduced and used in a single place inside core, that was wp-admin/includes/schema.php r6199. In r8740 the use has been switched over to wpdb::has_cap() which was 2.7 then.
As usual there might be third party code that is still making use of this function but since it can be ported backwards compatible to wpdb::has_cap( 'collation' ) for wp 2.7 and above, and it is documented to be used only at one place (see the phpdoc of the function) and it was actually used in only one place over the years and already has been subject to improvement, I suggest to just remove it.
Third party code will do a straight fatal error that makes it easy to locate where to apply a change:
$wpdb->supports_collation() -> $wpdb->has_cap( 'collation' )
Change History (16)
- Component changed from General to Database
- Keywords needs-patch added; has-patch dev-feedback removed
- Priority changed from normal to lowest
- Severity changed from normal to trivial
- Summary changed from PHP5-port - Removal of wpdb::supports_collation() to Removal of wpdb::supports_collation()
comment:11 nacin — 16 months ago
- Owner set to nacin
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed