Filtering the edit-comments.php screen results in incorrect Pending count
|Reported by:||nacin||Owned by:||duck_|
Description (last modified by nacin)
- Go to edit-comments.php and view the comments for a single post (click the bubble, or do ?p=1234).
- Note the Pending comment number, say, 4, which would be lower than the total number of pending comments, say, 10.
- Trash an unapproved (pending) comment.
- (Expected) The pending comment number in the toolbar and admin menu should reduce to 9. The Pending number on edit-comments.php should reduce to three.
Actual: All three numbers are set to 9.
Tracked it down with ryan to delAfter getting the pending count from $('span.pending-count').eq(0). Three elements match span.pending-count -- the admin menu, Pending (0), and the toolbar, in that order. eq(0) means it pulls from the global pending #, from the admin menu.
If you change it to eq(1), then the toolbar and admin menu are both updated to 3. All three values are linked no matter what. Normally, this is proper. But in the case of a filtered edit-comments.php, they must not be.
Change History (10)
- Owner set to duck_
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed