Improve intermediate image size handling
|Reported by:||koopersmith||Owned by:|
|Cc:||ocean90, johnjamesjacoby, japh@…, Otto42, markoheijnen, sabreuse, marty@…, navjotjsingh@…, mpretty@…, xoodrew@…, ben@…, lightningspirit@…, mike.schroder@…, alexvornoffice@…, matt@…, ngomau@…|
When discussing the new media workflows on #21390, the need to improve our image size API became apparent.
A quick overview of the improvements that should be made:
- All image attachments have an original, or "golden master", which is never altered.
- An image size creates a new image and stores all transformations applied to the image as metadata. Transformations are described relative to the golden master. An image size has a unique slug (which means a set of dimensions does *not* have to be unique).
- Image attachments have a "master" image size, which is used to create any automatically generated image sizes.
- Automatically generated image sizes can be overridden with manual transformations.
Would love for someone to step up on this ticket, as the media modal editing UI will benefit greatly from these improvements.
Change History (24)
- Summary changed from Improve image size API to Improve intermediate image size handling
comment:19 nacin — 13 months ago
- Milestone changed from 3.5 to Future Release
- Type changed from task (blessed) to enhancement