Keyboard Accessibility of Add Media Panel
|Reported by:||grahamarmfield||Owned by:|
Trying to keep this trac specific I'm talking here about keyboard-only interaction with the new Add Media panel once you have opened it by actioning the Add Media link whilst editing a page or a post.
- The most serious problem with accessibility in the Add Media functionality is that it is not possible to select any of the pre-uploaded media without using a mouse. This will effectively preclude any keyboard only or screen reader users from using this functionality.
- When the Add Media panel first opens it is unclear where keyboard focus sits. This could be disconcerting for some users.
- Reverse tabbing from the panel transfers focus back into the main page whilst leaving the panel open. Recommend that focus is kept cycling within the panel until the user either explicitly closes the Add Media panel or inserts some images.
- It is possible to tab through the text links on the panel(s), but the Upload Files link does not show focus as obviously as other links as there is no outline.
- When tabbing forwards from the Upload Files link there is a tab stop that is not at all visible. Believe this to be Media Library but it's not clear.
- The Insert into Page link can receive focus even when inactive.
Separate trac tickets will be raised to cover the full screen reader and speech recognition software experience.