Twenty Fourteen: Make the content sidebar optional and expand the main content area when there is no widget specified for the sidebar.
|Reported by:||iamtakashi||Owned by:||lancewillett|
|Severity:||normal||Keywords:||has-patch 2nd-opinion needs-testing|
|Cc:||trisha@…, evan.m.herman@…, cain@…|
Currently the theme has some default widgets for the content sidebar so it's always there (Except the full with page template). I think it would be great if the sidebar gets removed when there is no widget specified for the sidebar in the widget admin, and the main content area expands to the right. Similar to how Twenty Twelve does.
I've seen some sites using customised Further that removed the sidebar. For example:
SInce the theme has another sidebar this could be a good idea.
Change History (32)
- Cc evan.m.herman@… added
- Keywords has-patch needs-testing added; needs-patch removed
- Version set to 3.6
- Keywords has-patch needs-testing removed
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to 3.8
- Version changed from 3.6 to trunk
- Keywords has-patch 2nd-opinion needs-testing added