Login Session breaks while editing draft posts.
|Reported by:||norwat||Owned by:|
Since upgrading to WP 2.7, and including WP security features in config file (auth, secure_auth, logged_in, nonce keys), I have had some very inconsistent results working as administrator in Dashboard.
I have two blogs on one domain. I have tried a number of combinations: different security keys in config files for both blogs, same security keys in config files, different administrator usernames and passwords, same username and passwords. But none of it seems to make a difference, I always get the same results. I am able to work as administrator for a period, and then the dashboard freezes and keeps sending me to Log-in page. The only way to get things started again, is to clear cookies, relaunch browser, log in and out as various users, and after some combination of these (it appears to be different each time), I am able to log-in. Especially after one calendar date has passed.
I am really, really frustrated by this problem. There appears to be a bug or some conflict between cookies in all browsers (firefox, safari, camino, on Mac OS), and security features with WordPress, especially with two blogs located on one domain.
Is there a fix for this ... is there something I have missed in setting up blogs and configuring settings for multiple blogs on a single domain. Right now, I have removed security features, and everything is working beautifully.
Change History (25)
- Keywords needs-patch dev-feedback reporter-feedback added
- Milestone changed from Unassigned to 2.8
- Owner changed from anonymous to azaozz
- Summary changed from conflict: cookies with security features (auth, secure_auth, logged_in, nonce keys) to Login Session breaks while editing draft posts.
- Keywords needs-patch security cookies removed
- Owner azaozz deleted
- Severity changed from major to normal
- Milestone 2.8 deleted
- Resolution set to invalid
- Status changed from new to closed