Gallery shortcode columns attribute present, even when default
|Reported by:||kovshenin||Owned by:||koopersmith|
I love new media! Anyway, the default columns value is 3, so here's a scenario:
- Add a new post
- Hit Add Media, Create Gallery, select a few images and hit insert. Switch to Text mode. You'll see the gallery shortcode has been inserted with only the ids attribute, which is expected.
- Make sure you're in Visual mode. Select the Gallery and hit the little Edit Gallery button, set Columns to 5, hit Update Gallery and switch to Text mode. You'll see that the gallery shortcode now also has columns="5" which is expected.
- Edit the gallery again and set Columns back to 3. Hit Update and switch to Text. You'll see the shortcode has columns="3" but expected to see no columns attribute since 3 is the default.
The same behavior happens on the link attribute. The "correct" behavior happens on the orderby="rand" attribute, which is removed from the shortcode when set to the default (off) state.
Change History (10)
- Keywords commit added
- Owner set to koopersmith
- Status changed from new to reviewing
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from reviewing to closed