Make it easier to customize the install process
|Reported by:||Denis-de-Bernardy||Owned by:||nacin|
It's currently possible to override a couple of functions in a wp-content/install.php file, namely:
- wp_install() - top level install function
- wp_install_defaults() - Installs default post, page, links, cat, etc.
- wp_new_blog_notification() - Sends the new blog email.
- wp_upgrade() - Top level upgrade function.
However, they severely lack plugin hooks, which would allow developers to simply hack in there accordingly without needing to keep install functions in sync with core when they want to tweak them.
I'd like to suggest adding hooks named after those functions at the end of each of them.
Change History (29)
- Component changed from General to Upgrade/Install
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to Future Release
- Type changed from feature request to enhancement
- Keywords has-patch added
- Owner set to nacin
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened