Customizer: Additional CSS highlight, revisions, selection, per-page, pop-out
|Reported by:||folletto||Owned by:|
This ticket is to track the next steps of Additonal CSS after 4.7. See #35395 for the discussion so far.
The MVP of the Additional CSS editor in customizer included the basic UI, navigation and backend work.
There are various next steps that area already included in the design above, and can be done either in a single next release or staggered further as needed. From the latest discussed design, the features we already have ready to build are:
- Syntax Highlighting
- Selection of items on the page (CSS selector)
- Per-Page CSS as a complement of the current site-wide CSS for better management
- The ability to pop-out the editor in a separate window for a more comfortable editing experience
Just one special note regarding revisions: we might want to not do CSS revisions, and instead build the more flexible and general revision UI for the customizer as a whole. That's being discussed in #31089.
Change History (13)
5 weeks ago
- Keywords needs-patch added
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to 4.8