Reloading the post editing screen in Firefox turns a post from Published to Private
|Reported by:||johnbillion||Owned by:||mdawaffe|
Steps to reproduce:
- Crack open that blog in your Firefox browser and click on 'edit' on a published post, either from the blog itself or from Manage -> Posts.
- Once the editing page has loaded, click on reload in your browser window.
- Notice that the post's status changes from Published to Private (this can be seen under the 'Post Status' panel on the right hand side).
If you then save the post it will be saved as private, as you'd expect. Pages are not affected, only posts.
This only appears to affect Firefox and only tested on WinXP. It doesn't happen in IE6, IE7, Mozilla 1.7 or Opera 9 (all tested on WinXP).
I've been told by a few on #wordpress that wordpress.com is also affected.
This of course suggests it might be a Firefox bug, but I'm not sure how one would go about determining that.
Change History (34)
comment:1 @foolswisdom — 9 years ago
- Milestone set to 2.1.2
- Priority changed from normal to high
- Severity changed from normal to critical
comment:26 @mdawaffe — 8 years ago
- Keywords has-patch commit added
- Owner changed from anonymous to mdawaffe
- Status changed from new to assigned