WordPress.org

Make WordPress Core

Opened 3 months ago

Closed 5 weeks ago

#53745 closed defect (bug) (reported-upstream)

Have to click twice to type in fields

Reported by: allarmsllc Owned by:
Milestone: Priority: normal
Severity: normal Version:
Component: General Keywords:
Focuses: Cc:

Description

When making an order manually, or adding a user manually, when typing in a drop down (like Country or State in user page) field, I now have to click on the field, AND then click on the actual text entry area to be able to type. This completely breaks being able to tab through fields and enter data. This is a major inconvenience.

Attachments (1)

Screen Shot 2021-07-22 at 10.41.54 AM.png (33.9 KB) - added by allarmsllc 3 months ago.
Example of field where two clicks are now required.

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (8)

@allarmsllc
3 months ago

Example of field where two clicks are now required.

#1 @dlh
3 months ago

  • Milestone Awaiting Review deleted
  • Resolution set to invalid
  • Status changed from new to closed
  • Version 5.8 deleted

Hi @allarmsllc, and welcome to WordPress Trac!

Unfortunately, support for individual websites isn't available here in Trac, but you'll be able to get help with the issue in the WordPress support forums. You can also contact the developers of the plugin or theme that provides the functionality in the screenshot, since products and orders are not a part of WordPress core.

#2 @allarmsllc
3 months ago

  • Resolution invalid deleted
  • Status changed from closed to reopened

This isn't a request for support for a specific website. This is a report of a bug which was introduced with the installation of WP 5.8. It was the only change made at the time the issue appeared.

#3 @dlh
3 months ago

  • Component changed from Quick/Bulk Edit to General
  • Keywords reporter-feedback added

Hi @allarmsllc,

Is there a way to replicate the behavior with all plugins deactivated and using a default theme?

#4 @allarmsllc
8 weeks ago

For some reason, I didn't get a notice of your second reply. I have been trying to fix this, but it is still there. I have a duplicate of my site running, and only WooCommerce active on the site and this issue still occurs. I normally run the Storefront theme, but tried two of the default year themes, nothing fixed it.

WooCommerce is the only thing that uses these search/text boxes that I can see. Is there a search/text box like this in a default WordPress install so I can see if it works outside of WooCommerce?

#5 follow-up: @sabernhardt
8 weeks ago

This is a bug related to WooCommerce's select2 (or selectWoo) input, whether the bug is within core or within the plugin (missing something for full compatibility with 5.8). The report could move to https://github.com/woocommerce/woocommerce/issues for them to investigate.

I tried WooCommerce 5.5.1 and 5.6.0. Both versions properly moved the focus to the input automatically with WordPress 5.7.2 but not with 5.8. My theme was Twenty Twenty-One, and the only plugins active were WooCommerce and Core Rollback. I used Firefox and Chrome with Windows 10, and I did not receive any console errors to identify a clear reason for the failure.

#6 in reply to: ↑ 5 @allarmsllc
8 weeks ago

Replying to sabernhardt:

This is a bug related to WooCommerce's select2 (or selectWoo) input, whether the bug is within core or within the plugin (missing something for full compatibility with 5.8). The report could move to https://github.com/woocommerce/woocommerce/issues for them to investigate.

I tried WooCommerce 5.5.1 and 5.6.0. Both versions properly moved the focus to the input automatically with WordPress 5.7.2 but not with 5.8. My theme was Twenty Twenty-One, and the only plugins active were WooCommerce and Core Rollback. I used Firefox and Chrome with Windows 10, and I did not receive any console errors to identify a clear reason for the failure.

Thanks for the info. I have opened a ticket with WooCommerce already. I will pass it along. THANKS again.

#7 @sabernhardt
5 weeks ago

  • Keywords reporter-feedback removed
  • Resolution set to reported-upstream
  • Status changed from reopened to closed

Thanks for reporting it to WooCommerce!

It seems the problem is with the plugin and has been fixed there, to be included in their October release.
https://github.com/woocommerce/woocommerce/issues/30607

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.