New hook to replace the admin color scheme chooser in user-edit.php
|Reported by:||Jick||Owned by:||nacin|
I'd like to see a place to hook into right after the Admin Color Scheme chooser in user-edit.php. I want to be able to add a link there that says "Add a New Color Scheme" which will link to my plugin page. That would be very useful for my Easy Admin Color Schemes plugin I think.
That is such a simple modification I think it would be easy to include in 2.5.1.
I could see it's potential to be useful for other things as well...
Heck, maybe an even better idea would be to have a filter to allow complete customization of the Admin Color Scheme chooser area. Then, for example, you could completely replace the default Admin Color Scheme chooser with your own code. I can already think of a good way to use such a filter. For example, replace it with a customized list that has edit/delete links after each scheme which link to functionality in the plugin. Then you could do some basic scheme management right from the profile page.
Even once the WordPress core gets scheme customization features there could still be plugins out there that wish to have their own way of customizing schemes and managing them. So a hook/filter like I describe would still be useful then.
Change History (13)
comment:3 @jacobsantos — 7 years ago
- Milestone 2.9 deleted
- Resolution set to invalid
- Status changed from new to closed
- Milestone set to 2.8.5
- Priority changed from lowest to normal
- Resolution invalid deleted
- Severity changed from trivial to normal
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Version changed from 2.5 to 2.9
- Cc Jick added
- Summary changed from New hook after the Admin Color Scheme chooser in user-edit.php to New hook to replace the admin color scheme chooser in user-edit.php
comment:11 @nacin — 5 years ago
- Keywords needs-testing removed
- Owner changed from anonymous to nacin
- Status changed from reopened to reviewing