WordPress.org

Make WordPress Core

Opened 6 years ago

Closed 6 years ago

Last modified 6 years ago

#9354 closed defect (bug) (invalid)

LiveJournal import to fresh WP install, XML-RPC Request Failed

Reported by: Rubin110 Owned by:
Milestone: Priority: lowest
Severity: minor Version: 2.8
Component: Import Keywords:
Focuses: Cc:

Description

Description:
After grabbing the bleeding edge of trunk (revision 10811) off of SVN and create more or less a fresh instance of WordPress, attempting to import items from a LiveJournal account through the built in importer fails with an error.

Steps to reproduce:

  1. Grab the latest version of trunk.
  2. Setup the WordPress install.
  3. Attempt to import a LiveJournal account through the built in importer.
  4. Observe.

Expected results:
Importer imports all items from LiveJournal with no reported errors.

Actual results:
Importer returns with a non end user error and does not import any items. Please see attached screen shot.

Error:
XML-RPC Request Failed -- 208: Client error: Invalid text encoding: Cannot display this post. Please see http://www.livejournal.com/support/encodings.bml for more information.

Notes:
I was directed to create a new ticket here with the bug information by Beau Lebens after emailing him with my issue. He noted that there may be an issue with a post that contains international/non-ascii characters. I will investigate this further. The journal in question is located at http://rubin110.livejournal.com .

Side note: This is the first time I'm creating a new ticket for this project. Please let me know if I'm missing anything. Thanks.

Attachments (1)

Picture 58.png (42.8 KB) - added by Rubin110 6 years ago.
Screenshot of error

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (7)

@Rubin1106 years ago

Screenshot of error

comment:1 @Rubin1106 years ago

If the issue is because a post contains unicode, it might be because of this one...

http://rubin110.livejournal.com/515183.html

comment:2 @Rubin1106 years ago

I've deleted the post and tried again, still getting the same error.

As a note, the post in question contained the unicode snowman. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, check out http://unicodesnowmanforyou.com .

comment:3 @Rubin1106 years ago

  • Milestone changed from Unassigned to 2.8
  • Version set to 2.8

comment:4 @Rubin1106 years ago

  • Priority changed from normal to lowest
  • Severity changed from major to minor

So I feel like a slight idiot. I finally went to the link the error was providing. That FAQ page gave me a link to set a default account wide encode type. After I changed that the import went without a hitch. Dropping the severity. If someone doesn't see this as a bug please close it. Thanks.

comment:5 @Denis-de-Bernardy6 years ago

  • Resolution set to invalid
  • Status changed from new to closed

comment:6 @Denis-de-Bernardy6 years ago

  • Milestone 2.8 deleted
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.