Add a server diagnosis on tools / upgrade
|Reported by:||Denis-de-Bernardy||Owned by:||westi|
Description (last modified by Denis-de-Bernardy)
This is following up on a couple of recent discussions in trac, and one on the phone with hakre. Basically, we should add some kind of diagnosis tool towards the top of Tools / Upgrade.
Specifically, we should highlight the latest know version of Apache/PHP/MySQL at release time vs the ones on the server, and prompt users to bug their host to upgrade when they're not up to date.
We should additionally highlight a few things that slow down and/or are know to occasionally cause problems with WP or plugins, such as:
- safe_mode on (deprecated in PHP6)
- magic quotes on (deprecated in PHP6)
- no mod_rewrite (unless it's IIS, obviously)
- no mod_deflate (see #10365)
- whatever else we think is an annoyance
Change History (13)
- Keywords health-check added
- Owner set to westi
- Status changed from new to accepted