admin post.php fails html validation due to use of "[" in name/id/for of hidden custom fields
|Reported by:||anmari||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by SergeyBiryukov)
Post.php is causing many many html validation errors due to hidden screen reader text for post meta fields mainly. Not a major problem, but annoying when attempting to validate admin plugin code.
<label class='screen-reader-text' for='meta[key]'>Key</label><input name='meta[key]' id='meta[key]' tabindex='6' type='text' size='20' value='_wp_geo_latitude' /> character "[" is not allowed in the value of attribute "id" character "[" is not allowed in the value of attribute "for"
"[" are allowed in the name attribute. So perhaps one could simply strip them out them for the 'id' and the 'for'?
Other failed validation messages that occur a lot and appear to be wp generated code:
- ID "_ajax_nonce" already defined
- reference to non-existent ID "metakeyselect"
Change History (3)
- Keywords needs-patch added; validation meta customfields removed
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to Future Release
- Priority changed from normal to lowest