Where is it appropriate to use filter_var
|Reported by:||aaroncampbell||Owned by:|
Now that we require PHP 5.2 we have access to a whole plethora of new functions. One of those is filter_var. It seems like this could be useful for things like validating and filtering E-Mail addresses, URLs, IPs, etc. (there are plenty of [php.net/manual/en/filter.filters.php filters]).
This was brought up in #15379 where nacin said:
Those can be buggy. We could potentially leverage it internally but we need to watch out for vulnerabilities and what not across PHP versions.
I mostly wanted this to be the place where we decide what could benefit from it and what shouldn't.
Change History (8)
- Milestone Awaiting Review deleted
- Resolution set to maybelater
- Status changed from new to closed
- Type changed from defect (bug) to enhancement
- Keywords westi-likes needs-patch added; 2nd-opinion removed
- Milestone set to Future Release
- Resolution maybelater deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Version set to 3.2