Enclosure Custom Fields are automatically deleted
|Reported by:||animepulse||Owned by:|
This bug was introduced by Ticket 6840. I and many other people only wanted specific fields added as an enclosure (like media files for podcasting) and have added those enclosures as custom fields. Now any time we edit those hundreds of posts, or create a new post, those custom fields are deleted by this "bug fix" and there is no way around it without changing code in the functions.php file and then having to redo it anytime an update comes out.
Was there no thought put into the great idea of "let's delete any enclosure field that doesn't have a link in the body of a post"? Wasn't the whole idea of custom fields originally for things like enclosures?
Change History (31)
- Keywords needs-patch added; enclosures removed
- Milestone changed from Unassigned to 2.9
comment:19 @animepulse — 5 years ago
- Resolution worksforme deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Version changed from 2.8 to 3.0
comment:20 @dd32 — 5 years ago
- Milestone changed from 2.9 to Future Release
- Version changed from 3.0 to 2.8