Uploading new media to existing posts/pages backdates file location
|Reported by:||dpie||Owned by:|
Using WP 2.8.4, when uploading new media files to a page or post that has already been published, the new file is added in the /UPLOAD_DIR/year/month/ directory that corresponds to the original page/post publication date, rather than the file upload date.
Also, the correct file-upload-date-based directory is created (if it does not already exist), but the file is still placed in the older incorrect directory.
Example: Assume the following...
- "Store uploads in this folder" (referred to above as UPLOAD_DIR) is set to "wp-content/uploads" or any other location, such as "files"
- "Organize my uploads into month- and year-based folders" is checked
On an existing Page:
- Page has a published date of 3/1/2008
- File a_test_file.jpg is uploaded on 9/1/2009
- UPLOAD_DIR is set to "wp-content/uploads", has 777 permissions, and contains no subdirectories or files
WordPress 2.6.x and below would have created the following:
However, WP 2.8.4 is creating:
This issue was previously mentioned on the wordpress.org forums as being a known issue with WP 2.7.1: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/254786
Change History (7)
- Keywords needs-patch added; 2nd-opinion removed
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Triage to Future Release