Inconsistency in 'all' hook invocation
|Reported by:||hakre||Owned by:|
The 'all' hook (catchall hook for any hook name) is getting inconsistently called depending on how the concrete hook is being invoked: by apply_filters, apply_filters_ref_array, do_action or do_action_ref_array.
In the simple cases (apply_filters, do_action), the hook will get all parameters passed, in the ..._ref_array cases, the hook will get only two parameters passed in which the first parameter is the name of the hook (a.k.a. tag) and the second parameter is an array of all other parameters.
Every 'all' hook-function-callbacks should be called in the same way regardless whether which of the four invocation functions have been used on that pointcut.
Additionally all four routines share a lot of the same code which could benefit of a refactoring.
Change History (24)
- Summary changed from Inconsitency in 'all' hook invocation to Inconsistency in 'all' hook invocation
- Milestone Awaiting Review deleted
- Resolution set to maybelater
- Status changed from new to closed
- Keywords dev-feedback removed
- Resolution maybelater deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Owner set to scribu
- Status changed from reopened to reviewing
comment:16 in reply to: ↑ 15 @hakre — 19 months ago
- Keywords close removed