No more Title autosuggest for hyperlinks in Visual Editor
|Reported by:||sabinou||Owned by:||azaozz|
In short :
With the new hyperlinking window inside the Visual Editor that appeared with wordpress 3.1, we aren't suggested anymore a text in the Title field.
In details :
- Before Wp 3.1, according to the previous titles we may have entered, as soon as we started typing one or more letters, the Visual Editor was suggesting us texts for the Title field.
- Just like almost any other empty field to fill in inside an html page.
- That stopped with WP3.1, from now on we have to type it entirely every time, nothing is suggested anymore
Why this is a problem :
Wordpress is entirely about making blogging easier and faster for the webmasters. Removing Title autosuggestion forces us to type a title every time. With the previous system, we were able to re-use titles we had previously typed, possibly adapting them after we chose what autosuggested line to keep, saving us a lot of time.
From my own experience, writing a long post taking 30 minutes containing a dozen hyperlinks, in average 3 more minutes are lost because of title typing and imagining. While it may seem to amount to nothing, that's 10% time lost.
Optional link :
I first reported the problem in that page of the Worpdress forum, you may find it interesting .
Andrew Nacin, a dev, found that explanation, in my opinion calling for a fix precisely :
«IIRC, browsers do autocomplete only when inputs have names. Our input is now missing a name. Adding it back should restore the autocomplete.
Actually, it's also set to autocomplete="off", which probably doesn't help either :-)»
I hope I wasn't too confusing, this is my first bug report.
Change History (15)
- Cc koopersmith jane added
- Keywords ux-feedback added
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to 3.1.2
comment:13 azaozz — 3 years ago
- Owner set to azaozz
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed