Plugin editor incorrectly calls some files inactive.
|Reported by:||dd32||Owned by:||DrewAPicture|
The plugin editor has a helpful bit of text at the top to specify if the current file is active on the site or not; This works fine in most cases, however, I've noticed that it only works for the plugin file itself.
Ie. Editing akismet/akismet.php will specify it's active, Editing akismet/admin.php will show as inactive.
This is due to the use of is_plugin_active() from memory. The solution to this would be to run is_plugin_active() on $_GET['plugin'] instead of the file being edited.
$_GET['plugin'] has it's own bug however, It's set to whichever file was edited before you loaded the current file (when you switch between files in a plugin that is), which in some cases will be correct, in many others when you're editing multiple files, It'll be incorrect.
Change History (34)
- Summary changed from Plugin editor incorrectly calls some inactive. to Plugin editor incorrectly calls some files inactive.
- Keywords needs-testing added
- Owner set to DrewAPicture
- Status changed from new to assigned
6 months ago
- Keywords needs-testing added; dev-feedback 2nd-opinion removed
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 4.7