Multisite simplify option name to user_roles
|Reported by:||colind||Owned by:|
Currently each blog in a MS install of WP stores an array of user roles in it's [prefix]_[$blog_id]_options table as an entry with the key [prefix]_[$blog_id]_user_roles
This makes it much harder to migrate MS install of WP to a different db prefix, etc. because not only do you need to change the table prefixes you need to go into each blog's options table and then properly update that option's key.
Because the table itself is sufficiently unique there isn't a need for this. The user roles array could be stored in an option called "user_roles" for each blog.
Change History (27)
- Keywords has-patch dev-feedback added; needs-patch removed
- Keywords 3.7-early added
- Milestone changed from 3.6 to Future Release
- Type changed from defect (bug) to enhancement
comment:23 jeremyfelt — 6 months ago
- Keywords 3.7-early removed
- Milestone changed from 3.7 to Future Release